The vinyl shower of bathroom window curtains attract mold (a generic term that refers to mold growth) due to its fine texture and moisture absorbent and placed in moist environments, namely showers.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Prevent Vinyl in Bathroom Window Curtains
- Open the bathroom window curtains after every shower and fully stretch them along the track to ensure fast and efficient drying. Mold grows in moist environments, so the spores can stop on your way by ensuring that vinyl curtains dry quickly.
- Soak your bathroom window curtains in a bucket filled with two parts water and one part white distilled vinegar for about an hour. The acetic acid in vinegar kills mold spores on contact and effectively prevents mold growth.
- Lava vinyl curtains every two to four weeks in a top loading washer with a cup of bleach. Like vinegar, chlorine contains potent properties to fight mildew, and can be used along with the vinegar soak or alternatively.
- Dry the bathroom floor after every shower. Mold often begin their growth cycle at the bottom of the shower curtains vinyl curtains that absorb large amounts of water from the soil.
- Removes mildew stains current pouring a few drops of lemon juice on the affected area and sprinkling salt on the lemon juice area. Curtain Clean with a soft duster.